- In 2013 Eric Mahmoud and Best Academy were profiled by Soledad O’Brien on CNN’s Black in America.
- 2015 Cargill MLK Legacy Award for innovative leadership in business, community, culture, inclusion and diversity, and mentorship demonstrated throughout one’s career (Eric Mahmoud, recipient)
- Business Journal’s Diversity in Business 2014 (Eric Mahmoud, recipient)
- Minnesota Business Partnership’s 2012 Future Award (Harvest Network of Schools)
- Every year since 2011, at least one Harvest Network school has been named a “Beating the Odds” school by the Star Tribune for getting great academic results while serving a high percentage of students in poverty.
- Harvest Network schools have been identified by COSEBOC (Coalition of Schools Educating Boys of Color) as one of the five best schools nationally for educating boys of color.
- 2015 Minnesota Department of Education School Finance Award (for all three schools)
The Harvest Network of Schools was selected to participate in the Charter Network Accelerator, a national collaboration of charter schools that learn from each other’s successes and challenges. The 18-month program shared best practices of some of the top charter schools and networks around the country, allowing each of our schools, Best Academy, Harvest Preparatory School and The Mastery School, to learn from the best.