At Harvest Network of Schools, we provide enrichment activities and supports to meet our scholars' needs during the school day and beyond, as well as opportunities to explore new interests and expand their horizons. We engage the whole child.
- Extracurricular activities for our scholars and their families throughout the year, such as reading fairs, music lessons, and culturally specific programming.
- Student support services including guidance counselors and nurses.
- After school tutoring, based on each scholar's individual learning needs as identified by his or her teacher.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters which pairs our scholars with adult mentors from the local community.
- Junior Achievement to teach age-appropriate financial literacy.
- College tours and other opportunities to envision life beyond K-12.
Examples of past enrichment opportunities:
In the summer, Girl Scouts from the Harvest Network of Schools held a “get to know you” day at one of their facilities as well as a day at camp!
Through a partnership with MacPhail Center for Music, some of our scholars take string lessons. Here they are rehearsing in Orchestra Hall!
Best Buy's Geek Squad hosted a successful Geek Squad Academy camp at Best Academy. Our 7th and 8th grade scholars were guided through the basics of Digital Music, Film and Script, Digital Citizenship, 3D Printing, Robotics, and Circuits and Logic.
As part of our Junior Achievement program, 8th grade scholars participated in simulation exercises at the Junior Facilities with the goal of learning more about financial literacy and applying it in real life situations.